Fish tank stand with a emergency reservoir for tank breakage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pmoores

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just wondering if there is any product out there that would contain the water from the breakage of a tank. Not planning to go very large, but I live in a apartment. Basically something like a metal mesh top and area water would flow into below. I am aware these issues are very rare, and I will buy a quality tank from a real aquarium store and not some pet smart entry level stuff.

Could be wider then the tank, and could be more expensive then what should pay for a normal stand.

I will have apartment insurance with a aquarium clause. I did flood out my neighbor below me years ago leaving a pot in the center of my sink and forget there was a slow trickle of cold water left on. So I have used up my one free pass, landlord wise.

Willing to pay a premium for a stand like this should one exist.

Last time I owned a aquarium was in the early 90s, pre internet with a soft cover book for reference. Suddenly getting the urge to go high tech with all the research one could do these days on the internet.

I dont think there is a stand like this?? Get a good stand, get a good tank and make sure the stand is perfectly level. Shouldn't have any issues. Youd have to put a basin below the stand to catch any leaks. There is a way to make a stand that would mitigate any water damage from leaks, not sure your building skill level?

Yeah I have no handy skills sadly.

But I did envision a expensive real wood cabinet, with a metal frame inside, metal grill on the top holding the tank with large holes to allow water drainage. Hidden inside the cabinet, a form fitted plastic container filling half the bottom stand portion, doubling as storage, bone dry for years, never being used as its emergency option.

My imagination definitely exceeds my wood working skill, but that aquarium stand would work on all but a complete collapse of the tank.

Wonders how much custom furniture costs to build.

Back
Top Bottom