fishneedit.com QuadT5HO light review...Disappointment!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MMantelli, also, did you know that i got this fixture in order to achieve higher lighting for the plants you sold me:cool:. they were under Zoo-Med for a week or so, but of course i want to get better growth out of the plants, so i got this light

my suspicion is the fixture was damaged in the warehouse or something and they shipped it without checking it first:facepalm:

I kinda figured they were for them. I think I got mine from petsolutions.com you can go to the current usa website and look at there fixtures and there info then shop around for them. That's what I did and was lucky enough to find one that was on sale. They did just come out with a quad t5 fixture I think its called the nova extreme pro.

my suspicion is the fixture was damaged in the warehouse or something and they shipped it without checking it first:facepalm:

Ya I was showing my wife the thread and her guess was that someone bought it and returned I rd and they put it on a shelf and ended up selling it to you.

Oh and also with high light you will need ferts and co2 or a co2 suppliment. If not you may end up with either starving plants or an algae outbreak.

Unfortunately this is the issues with some of the cheaper things in this hobby, quality control can suck. I picked up some sponge filters from them and didn't have any issues.

Unfortunately this is the issues with some of the cheaper things in this hobby, quality control can suck. I picked up some sponge filters from them and didn't have any issues.

i understand this point very well, which is the reason why i did a thorough review on their light before i purchased it. i just hope they get back to me and replace the light without any out of pocket expenses from my wallet, especially it's something that they should've check before they send it out and not something that i did as i just opened the package on Friday evening

Saturday July 7th @ 3:20PM. A response is received from S. Lin and i quote the ENTIRE response

"I will send u replacement.
[FONT=&quot]
Regard[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S***n" (name taken out again for anonymity )
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I've replied and asked him to check the fixture before he send it out this time around and provide a tracking number as well.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fingers crossed :ermm:[/FONT]

Good luck I hope it all works out this time. Do you have any pics of Tue tank the plants went into? I hope you liked them. Can't wait to see it.

Good luck I hope it all works out this time. Do you have any pics of Tue tank the plants went into? I hope you liked them. Can't wait to see it.

yes i do. the front you can see the aponengen. the other plants are barely noticeable from this full tank shot. The light fixture is a zoo-med dual t5ho

Attachments

• 20130712_221332.jpg
    20130712_221332.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 60
one plant isn't doing well at all. that's why i needed to upgrade the light. i think i'm going to target "feed" the plant that's dying with DIY co2

Wow I like it it looks very natural the aponogenton looks like its gonna have plenty of room to grow they were getting cramped in the 10. Is it one of the aponogentons or the marsilia that's not doing well? The aponogentons I've noticed really like a well balanced root tab and don't like to be planted to deep. The marsilia was going from emersed to submersed so it may die back some but shou grow back. Are you dosing any ferts or a carbon supplement?

Wow I like it it looks very natural the aponogenton looks like its gonna have plenty of room to grow they were getting cramped in the 10. Is it one of the aponogentons or the marsilia that's not doing well? The aponogentons I've noticed really like a well balanced root tab and don't like to be planted to deep. The marsilia was going from emersed to submersed so it may die back some but shou grow back. Are you dosing any ferts or a carbon supplement?

aponogentons are doing very well. one even flowered with just medium lighting. marsilia is hanging there. the ones seem melting away are the red myrios. they're not even "standing up" and too "tender". i hope they survive. my substrate is dirt tank with flourite capping off. so in terms of nutrient there should be plenty. what i don't have is carbon.

You don't need carbon. The myrio never really stands up straight for me either it is a very delicate soft plant and it doesn't really benifit from a dirted tank as it is a stem plant it gets almost all of its nutrients from the water column. I dose dry ferts I got the pps-pro kit and adjust my ferts almost every other week depending on how much they use weekley if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Edit: sorry I was thinking of filter carbon not co2 or suppliment. Yes the myrio will definatley benifit from some.

Saturday 7/13 @5.07PM

A response to the previous request of quality check and FEDEX tracking number was received:

[FONT=&quot]Hi:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We alway check and test before we ship, it is not fun for us to resent, we will lose $25 shipping + fixture, for this price , we do not make any money at all, also FedEx won't accept any clam,pls understand we do our best to handle it, but some time is out of our control, thank you.

Regard[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S***n[/FONT]

Am I the only one feeling there's remorse or some sort of apology in this response? what happened to costumer service? I'm in a service industry myself and whenever an error occurs, i always apologize for the inconvenience. But in this response, i feel the retailer went on the offense. Would a regular costumer service representative mention anything about "it is not fun for us to resent" or "lose $25 shipping" or "we do not make any money" in the email? Costumer service has gone to hell nowadays

Saturday 7/13 @5.07PM

A response to the previous request of quality check and FEDEX tracking number was received:

[FONT=&quot]Hi:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We alway check and test before we ship, it is not fun for us to resent, we will lose $25 shipping + fixture, for this price , we do not make any money at all, also FedEx won't accept any clam,pls understand we do our best to handle it, but some time is out of our control, thank you.

Regard[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S***n[/FONT]

Am I the only one feeling there's remorse or some sort of apology in this response? what happened to costumer service? I'm in a service industry myself and whenever an error occurs, i always apologize for the inconvenience. But in this response, i feel the retailer went on the offense. Would a regular costumer service representative mention anything about "it is not fun for us to resent" or "lose $25 shipping" or "we do not make any money" in the email? Costumer service has gone to hell nowadays

With the way it's worded English may not be that persons first language. When you buy more budget oriented things in this hobby the customer service is usually lacking, that doesn't mean the products are bad though. I have a Odyssea T5 going on 4.5 years and a canister filter going on 3.
From the response it looks like they're shipping you a new one for free and you get to keep the old one. If you look at it this way, it may have taken more time to get the fixture but now you got a free set of bulbs and a replacement ballast.

With the way it's worded English may not be that persons first language. When you buy more budget oriented things in this hobby the customer service is usually lacking, that doesn't mean the products are bad though. I have a Odyssea T5 going on 4.5 years and a canister filter going on 3.
From the response it looks like they're shipping you a new one for free and you get to keep the old one. If you look at it this way, it may have taken more time to get the fixture but now you got a free set of bulbs and a replacement ballast.

yeah, i guess i'm used to how things should've been handled when it comes to costumer service and the tone that people generally use. it's just surprising that the only two exchanges that i've had so far don't contain the word "sorry" or the phrase "sorry for the inconvenience". i thought it was common sense especially if you want costumer loyalty in the long run and future referrals. i suppose i will have replacements for future mishaps. i'm patiently waiting on the FEDEX tracking number tho, sigh.....

Back
Top Bottom