Fixing a power head/power head + filter onto my sponge filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deco19

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys,

I just joined the site as I have been setting up my tank as I plan to start breeding Red Cherry Shrimp. This is my first time seriously setting up an aquarium and I've bought everything I need thus far, might look into purchasing more plants however. I am day 4 through the week setup procedure recommended by the guy at the aquarium I bought some of my gear from.

My problem right now is I had purchased a Weipro TC-500 and it was kinda noisy so I bought some sponge filters to dissipate the bubbles into smaller ones as the tank is in my bedroom. I am unsure how I am to connect them together. Do I add tubing from the bubble output to the top of the sponge filter tube?

The diameter of the bubble output is 1.1cm. I also tried to take the bottom part off the power head and fix the sponge filter on the bottom to no success.

I'm probably doing something blatantly wrong but if anyone has any tips or suggestions or any help at all I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks

Ok guys. So this is my plan so far. I've got two sponge filters and the power head. I'm going to use the PVC tubing to connect one to the nozzle of the power head and the other one to the base. Hopefully through this set up I will have both a safer filter for my shrimp and the bubbles will also dissipate through the other filter.

Attachments

• image-4087343805.jpg
    image-4087343805.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 163
Back
Top Bottom