floating magnet cleaners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thincat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone have any expereince with the piranha meg. algae scrappers. Any difference between the Piranha and say the "mag-float" brands beside price.:confused::eating: (don't ask me why I added these smiles)?

I've got the pirahna scraper. It scrapes algae. Added the bladed scraper add-on to it, and I'd recommend that to anyone in a heartbeat. Takes care of coralline buildup likety-split. Never owned the plastic magfloat kind.

If I had it to do again though, I'd probably just go with the Mag-Float. When I bought the Pirahna, I did so because I liked the real wood on the outside part. Thought it looked nicer than the Mag-Float. That was when I thought I would be "storing" it on my tank. Didn't take long before I stopped storing it in the tank, and now it resides on the shelf inside my cabinet - one half on top of the shelf, the other half on the bottom of the shelf! Soo... all the "pretty wood" was just a waste.

So Kurt, you have a glass version, I am sort of paranoid about scraping things off my acrylic tank. I end up using my fingernail for the coralline.

Oh... yeah. You wouldn't want the blade add-on for your tank! Those are definitely glass only! And you have to be really careful when you get near your corner seals! R-e-a-l-l-y careful.

Get the Kent Pro Scraper for Acryllic. It has a plastic blade. Or, you can use an old credit card. Those throw aways that used to show up everday are perfect for that.

Back
Top Bottom