Fluval 190L Venezia pipes wrong way around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

makka

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys, I bought a Fluval Venezia 190L tank and, as I haven't had a tank with an external filter before, I asked a friend to help set it up. Unfortunately, he has put the intake and outtake pipes in the wrong holes. So, now I have the intake pushing out water. He doesn't know how to change the pipes with the tank full of fish and water. So, I'm stuck. Can anyone help me,:fish2: please?

Turn off the filter and close off the aquastop valve on the top of the filter. Detach the valve from the filter. Pull out all the pipework and reconnect it correctly. Reattach the aquastop valve and open the valve. Reprime the filter. Turn it back on.

You might have an issue re-priming the filter if its full of filter media. You can either empty the canister of media which should make it easier and replace it all once its primed. Or good old fashioned suction on the input pipework with the valve open. If you go the suction route, make sure you do this over a bucket and close the aquastop once water is syphoning through the pipework.

thanks

Thank you. I will give that a try. I'm just scared of flooding my neighbours! Is there a downside to running the pipes the wrong way round?

You want the intake drawing water from the bottom so it pulls in any detritus. The output needs to be at the top so the returning water agitates the surface and provides oxygen.

Just had a thought. Is that tank drilled with the pipework coming up through the bottom of the tank? If so you need to drain it first.

Back
Top Bottom