Fluval 304 Canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PK Tester

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all...would a fluva 304 canister filter and a HOB designed for a 55 gallon aquarium be good enough filtration for my 55g?

Thanks!

That should be plenty. I run a eheim and a 170 biowheel on my 50 gals and a larger eheim and a 330 biowheel on my 125. They all stay nice. Place the intakes at different ends of the tank.

That is a great combination. You can run mostly biomedia in your canister and mechanical in your HOB (floss type stuff, since it is easier to do maintenance on the HOB).

Thanks TankGirl :)

Im buying one of those walmart kits and just adding the fluval...

The kits aren't really that bad and if I didn't buy the kit...the lights would add the expensive up SO much I couldn't afford the tank!

I agree with getting some cheaper kits as oposed to paying too much money for lighting. You can have very nice tanks with low-light plants in them. I got an aquarium kit+stand (28 gallon) And i'm very pleased with it. And it's much cheaper then the brand stuff.

But i think that if you have plenty of $ it's nice to go and get high lighting and CO2 injection and such. I just wouldn't want to be pruning plants every week though......low light tanks for me.....at least for now :p

A Wal-Mart 29 gallon kit was my first tank three years ago and I have been very happy with it. I upgraded the filter with a bio-wheel and this tank is heavily decorated with low-light plants such as various species of Anubias. No CO2 injection is used and I am still using the same light hood that came with the kit.

Back
Top Bottom