Fluval 405 question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

denwhite16

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had my 405 for about six months now, and pretty much since I got it, every once in a while it will blow out a burst of tiny bubbles. I read somewhere I may have a leak somewhere, but I can't find one. Anyone else have this problem, or any ideas?

Do you have any air sources near the intake like a power head? Sometime the filter can suck up extra air slowly and then it bubbles out the output. i had this issue with my FW tank.

None even in the tank. The only thing I thought it may be is an attachment I have that is made by Fluval, that let's surface water into the intake as well as pulling from the bottom. I don't know the name of it, I'll look it up when I get home.

Ah a surface skimmer that attaches to the fluval? That may be it... maybe you can adjust it down a bit? How does it work anyway? I was looking at them for my fluvals

Air can slowly buildup in the canister. The FX5 actually allows for this and turns off for two minutes twice daily. If it is not leaking I wouldn't worry about it.

I get air bubbles trapped after cleaning my Fluvals, the best thing I have found is give it a good shake after you've retarted it.

HUKIT said:
I get air bubbles trapped after cleaning my Fluvals, the best thing I have found is give it a good shake after you've retarted it.

I've tried that, works a little and then more come.

Back
Top Bottom