Fluval 406 canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joltibo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Got myself a shiny new 406, gotta say this thing is silent compared to the Top Fin filter that came with my tank
And the water is crystal clear
I'm just happy :)

i like mine too on my 55g African cichlid tank. Get rid of the carbon and use Boyd's chemipure and more biomedia. Filter sponges can be found on ebay for cheap too

Help with a 406

Got myself a shiny new 406, gotta say this thing is silent compared to the Top Fin filter that came with my tank
And the water is crystal clear
I'm just happy :)

I am having a really hard time getting my new 406 set up. How close should the inlet and outlet hoses be together. I know these black hoses are supposed to be straight but how can it be without putting the hoses right next to each other. Any help is appreciated

I am having a really hard time getting my new 406 set up. How close should the inlet and outlet hoses be together. I know these black hoses are supposed to be straight but how can it be without putting the hoses right next to each other. Any help is appreciated

They don't have to be straight as in up and down. They just need to be straight as in no "sag" a little is fine. I have my out put in the middle and my intake towards the corner. That seems to circulate best in my tank. you can see the fluval in the bottome of this pic. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 1Bulb.JPG
    1Bulb.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 102
i like mine too on my 55g African cichlid tank. Get rid of the carbon and use Boyd's chemipure and more biomedia. Filter sponges can be found on ebay for cheap too

Does that chemipure work good? Been having trouble with my nitrates, and my lfs said this could possibly help lowering them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes, chemi pure works great, just use 2 ten ounce bags on one tray. This works well for me, and this should last 4-6 months

Back
Top Bottom