Fluval C3 drip tray media question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so I just got my fluval c3 and I have it along side my established bio wheel filter . I'm planning in the process of removing my current substrate large gravel .

image-3143346712.jpg

I want the best bio media possoble in my tray it came with ceramic pieces which I know are good but my substrate should have established BB on it correct ? Which is why I wanted to see if I could use some of my substrate mixed with the white bio bits it came with ? I was thinking this would help it grow and spread the the white stuff quicker ? Or should I Just use these rocks ? They are smooth so I'm not sure they will hold as much bio material as the clay? I want to eventually get bio balls but i don't know much about bacteria to be honest .

Okay so I just got my fluval c3 and I have it along side my established bio wheel filter . I'm planning in the process of removing my current substrate large gravel .

View attachment 177482

I want the best bio media possoble in my tray it came with ceramic pieces which I know are good but my substrate should have established BB on it correct ? Which is why I wanted to see if I could use some of my substrate mixed with the white bio bits it came with ? I was thinking this would help it grow and spread the the white stuff quicker ? Or should I Just use these rocks ? They are smooth so I'm not sure they will hold as much bio material as the clay? I want to eventually get bio balls but i don't know much about bacteria to be honest .
Have a look into Seachem Matrix. You could mix some of the rocks with it. Leave the two filters running together for a few weeks.....

Back
Top Bottom