Fluval C3 power filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siddd1980

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! Question: I have a 29 gallon heavily planted freshwater tank ....6 months old..i have Aqueon quiet flow...I ordered fluval C3 power filter because everybody likes it...what do you think about it?

I have the C2. Awesome filters! IMO, one of if not thee most innovative filter in the HOB category. It's like a canister-HOB fusion. I really like the modular design, makes for customizing and accessing media easy. I also like the wet/dry bio filter for the c-nodes. It may sound a little noisy at first, but once these filters get broken in, they get pretty quiet.

Thanks....true....the filter is so quiet and I'm running the old filter and the new fluval C3...how long is gonna take to take out the old filter?

I have Aqueon filter came with a deluxe kit...29gallon heavily planted tank

If you can transfer some established media from the old filter into the new to "seed" the BB over, you shouldn't have to run both filters for too long. I would say less than a month perhaps. You'll just have to test your parameters to make sure everything stays within safe levels.

Thanks for your answer:)the water actually crystal clear now....but this is only the second day to fluval.....I guess the activated carbon made it extremely clear:)

I don't even use activated carbon in my filters anymore. They only get use on a blue moon if i need to remove any chemicals or meds from the water. Instead, I've started to use Purigen. You should look into that months down the road as a replacement for the carbon. The carbon will stop being functional by then anyways.

Are you running the Fluval AND the Aqueon together? That would make for some nice filtration, albeit with a LOT of flow current...

I would take the carbon out. Its takes out all the nutrients your fish provide to your plants and any ferts you put in. Stick with biological filtration for planted tanks.

Back
Top Bottom