Fluval C4 filter leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hdixon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi - aquarium newbie here. I've had a 55 gal freshwater aquarium running now with cichlids, liveplants for about 3 months now. All healthy. I have been running a Fluval C4 filter (bought new) and a few days ago I noticed water on the floor. It is dripping (1 drip every 10 seconds) from the back right lower corner (as you face the tank) of the unit. I've taken it off, cleaned everything using distilled water, put it all back yet it still starts that drip. I don't see any cracks in it. Any advice on what I should check for?

Hi - aquarium newbie here. I've had a 55 gal freshwater aquarium running now with cichlids, liveplants for about 3 months now. All healthy. I have been running a Fluval C4 filter (bought new) and a few days ago I noticed water on the floor. It is dripping (1 drip every 10 seconds) from the back right lower corner (as you face the tank) of the unit. I've taken it off, cleaned everything using distilled water, put it all back yet it still starts that drip. I don't see any cracks in it. Any advice on what I should check for?
I

I would clean the filter media in tank water every month to avoid any leaks. Filters may overflow with water when your filter media is clogged with all the gunk and poo.

I had this with mine. My leak was from the pump box thing.i took it off and put it back on again and everything has be A-OK since.

Back
Top Bottom