FLUVAL filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vicshaw

Aquarium Advice Activist
Please can someone help me. I'm getting my aquarium set up this week and I wasw ondering if someone could help. I've got a FLUVAL filter with foam inserts, but I can't see how they fit into the filter. Do you fold them, put one or two in at a time?????????????
From Vic :?

I gather this is the newer model Fluval filter. What size Fluval is this?
You should have gotten an instruction manual with this, but the foam blocks have a slot or tray they slide into. Rinse them off and place them into this area. if the unit came with two foam blocks use both of them. The buckets that come with the filter are for the Bio media and carbon. The foam blocks slid in next to them. Hope this helps if not when my son wakes I will check with him as he has the newer unit and I have the older style.

Hi Vicshaw,

What model of filter?

I have a Fluval 304 (which is a canister filter). It comes with 4 foam inserts and they just clip into a vertically sliding tray that sits beside the media boxes (the way that EMS503 described).

I also have a couple of the Fluval 4 (which are internal filters). The sponge filters are cylindrical and just slide over the intake tube. The foam inserts are like sleeves and they just slide over the intake tube.

I hope that helps.

Mine's a Fluval 2 plus. It has a little canister which you pull out of the main filter casing. When you've got this out, it splits open into 2 halves. The foam inserts should be placed flat on either half (there should be some little tabs which hold them in. You then put the carbon & polyester filter pad in between the two foam inserts, close it all up and away you go.

Hope this helps,

minx

instructions

these are a copy of the instructions provided with my fluval 2+, your filter may be there, or it may just be similar, there is text as well but the pictrures explain more. the instructions do say foam PAD (singular) the opposite of the next filter up which uses two

Back
Top Bottom