Fluval heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blueiz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just purchased a fluvla 200 watt heater for one of my tanks. It is not a fully submergible, but was all the lfs had. While installing it, I accidentally dropped it in the tank, it was in less than a minute, however Im questioning how long I should let it dry out before plugging it in.

Anyone have any experience with this? I generally don't use heaters, but the room that my livebearer tank is in is colder than the rest so I figured I'd put one in.

Thanks

Well, I think it's a question of whether or not water got inside of it. Can you see water inside? There may be some sitting in the bottom of the tube or it might look a little foggy/cloudy inside. If you see any, try turning it upside down and letting it run out if it will. Then I think I'd wait a day before plugging it in. Or if you or someone you know feel OK with taking it apart (usually pretty simple) and drying it out... guess you could do that too.

Im unsure if the water got inside it or not, it has the mirror coating on it. However, I just made sure it was really dry then packaged it back up and took it back to the lfs and exchanged it for a marineland stealth that is fully submersible..problem solved. :)

Back
Top Bottom