Fluval M50 Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skywhitney

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am currently using a Fluval M50 heater on my 10 Gallon tank but i can't get the temperature over 80 degrees no matter what I do. I have the heater turned up to its max which is 86. Does anyone have any experience with these heaters?

I was also wondering if these heaters were completely submersible or not? The package says no but the instructions show them completely submerged...

Are you sure you have a 10 gallon tank?

The m50 is rated for a 15g tank.

You could buy a model up to the m100 rated for 30 gallons.

Myself I have a similar heater and I don't put it in my tank past the max waterline marked on the glass tube.

Yeah its a 10 gallon. I haven't submerged mine past the water marks and it always seems to be heating so i'm noy sure if i just have a faulty unit or if its just not the best heater.

If possible return your current m50, get a new m50 try it out.

Myself i would get the m100 and be done with it. If you upgrade to a bigger tank the m100 is good to 30gallons.

So I ended up moving my heater to next to my filter and the temperature has increased to 84 and is staying steady now. Previously the heater was on the other corner away from the filter so i'm not sure if the water was cooling during filtering or what but it seems to be working properly now.

Back
Top Bottom