Fluval Sea Evo 13.5 (57 litre).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aiken Drum

Site Team
Does anyone have any experience of this aquarium?

We have just got a new cabinet in the living room, and there is a spot perfect for a 50 to 60 litre aquarium on there. The easy option is a Fluval Flex 57 and do a small community with maybe a betta, low tech planted, what Im used to. But, i would really like to try a small reef with a couple of clowns and the Evo is marketed towards that. A pair of clown fish is an easier sell to the wife as well for another tank as she adores clown fish.

I understand that bigger is better with regards to reefs, but want to know if anyone has experience of this set up, good or bad.

https://fluvalaquatics.com/us/product/evo-aquarium-kit-13-5-us-gal-52-l/

One store which inspired me to keep a reef/SW tank is Elite Reef Denvrr, their you tube channel had a variety of nano and pico reefs which should inspire you to keep one. Amd they can be really easy and not too, too expensive. :)

I own a fluval spec V which has similar hardware. If you intend on keeping any corals I would recommend upgrading the lighting as the stock LED fixture provided does not quite cut it. Otherwise the fluval all in one systems are well put together and I have not had any problems. I have a 10 gallon reef setup and while it does seem to be a touch more sensitive than larger systems, it has been a pretty easy tank.

Thanks Autumnsky and Dallascowboys.

The Youtube channel autumnsky recommends has a lot on the Spec 5, so Ill definitely watch some of those. They also have some videos on other setups about the same size as the Evo 13.5.

Big Als did a youtube project on the Evo 13.5. I'll watch that too, even though i hate them for sacking Thomas and Brian from their channel.

Back
Top Bottom