Fluval U2 or U3 filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishies86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys,
I've got a bit of a dilemma :/ I got a fluval filter free with a magazine subscription, but the one that has been sent to me is a U3. The U3 is for 90-150l. My tank is a 48l.

I have read that you can't over filter a tank, and that it'd be better to go for the next one up. The trouble is that it is pretty much the same height as my tank. It will fit into the tank, but will need to be sat on the gravel to stay under water. That shouldn't be a problem because it takes water in from the side, not the bottom.

So my question is basically shall I use the U3, or shall I try and exchange it for a U2, which is for a tank my size :/ please give me as much advice as you can!

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Personally, I'd use it.

As you said, you've heard you can't over filter a tank and that's my motto.

If you want to use it alone, then let it run in your tank for a few weeks until it's seeded and take out your old one. I'd use both. :)

You don't think it'll make them feel like they're in a washing machine? It's pretty big :/

Attachments

• image-1984368299.jpg
    image-1984368299.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 332
DragonFish71 said:
Oh eeek!

Ok, go with the smaller one. Sorry, I don't do liter to gallon conversions ;)

Heh heh :) the filter is for 24-40us gallons, an my tank is about 12 us gallons (10uk gallons).

They have an interesting suggestion on the box to lay it flat on the bottom with the jets pointing up. If I can't get this one exchanged, I might just try that :)

Well, I took it to a pet shop and they changed it for the U2 filter for me :) I'll be installing it tonight. How exciting :) thanks for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom