Freezer Packs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flip_lx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well with summer temperatures being what they are in texas I'm looking for ways to keep my tank water cool without killing myself on the electric bill. I was wondering if say buying some of the freezer packs like here and placing them in say a ziplock would be a safe way to cool off water temperatures (i say in a ziplock so that if leaks it wont go into the tank). Thoughts?

I keep 2 litre water bottles in my freezer for that purpose. We lose power quite often here and it really helps in the summertime with no ac. Just make sure that you don't overdo it. Putting it in the sump is a good idea (if you have a sump)

yeah no sump yet (working with that college student budget) think it'd be ok to grab some on my next trip to wal mart (they cost $.078 for the smaller ones) that i could place around return hose from filter for hopefully a few degrees drop, currently out water bottles but how much did you have to clean to get the glue off from behind the label?

You could always use those Lexan/polycarbonate water bottles, that would be easy and there is no label so no worries there. Walmart or someplace like that will have the Nalgene knock-off bottles.

Back
Top Bottom