Fx5 making horrible humming sound.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
All of a sudden my fx5 started to make such a sound that I actually jumped off the couch because I thought something was about to go bad real fast. I honed in on the noise and found it to be the fx5. I unplugged it then plugged it back in now its fine. Anyone ever experience this before?
There tech center is closed for the day.

How long has it been since you cleaned it? Check the propeller housing as I've had stuff get into power heads and it makes a nasty noise. Lol don't you ever work lol

Andrew McFadden said:
Maybe you got a pebble in it when you did the sand swap. Hope that helps.

Yeah maybe. I was gonna clean it tonight but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I'll bleed the intake an outtake lines and give it a good cleaning and good once over.

Cleaned the fx5 like a mad man!! lol, broke it all down and pulled the motor and pulled the impeller. Cleaned it all with tank water put back together and works like its brand new!!

I noticed ALOT of sand in the canister is this normal and also found a surprise!!

3 babies!! Living!! When I drained the outtake 3 babies went into the bucket! It was crazy!!

Convict2161 said:
Cleaned the fx5 like a mad man!! lol, broke it all down and pulled the motor and pulled the impeller. Cleaned it all with tank water put back together and works like its brand new!!

I noticed ALOT of sand in the canister is this normal and also found a surprise!!

3 babies!! Living!! When I drained the outtake 3 babies went into the bucket! It was crazy!!

Yay! Babies! <3

Aww! Grab them a breeder net- they deserve to live if they were in a filter! How old approx?
Also, PICS

emerald76 said:
Aww! Grab them a breeder net- they deserve to live if they were in a filter! How old approx?
Also, PICS

I'll get pics tomorrow and they look tiny like maybe the size of a dime if that...

Convict2161 said:
I'll get pics tomorrow and they look tiny like maybe the size of a dime if that...

Adorable! No clues as to what they are?

Back
Top Bottom