gah I'm a bit paranoid..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
I put my tank up on the stand last night and I just cringe at the fact its only being supported by the corners and a thin rail that goes all the way around the stand. It's totally open and It seems like it would just fall apart under the stress (75G is HUGE to me!!) It must be safe to use because it's from the same manufacturer as the tank, but still. It's totally safe??

:shock:

I have used manufactured stands before and they work fine. But I do prefer to build my own. I just finished one for my 120 and it cost $27 to build.

Make sure it is totally level, twisting will cause leaks and cracks. I felt the same way when I put my tanks on a stand but I have never had a problem.

Please set your alarm to wake you every half hour tonight just to make sure..............
img_1005598_0_cc22f6bdf8ae1f62d2f94daec9be5e1a.gif

I bought the the manufacturers stand with my 120, it's the perfecto pine and i think only weighs about 15 to 20 lbs and it's working just fine with 1400lbs on top. Just make sure it is level.

I agree, I have my 125 on the same thing. I was surprised and a little worried at first, but the stand was made for that tank so it's all good.

I also noticed today they put it together with staples. Are nails and screws really that much more expensive!?!?

But now I think I have my fears under control... Well that is till tonight when I (possibly) fill it for the first time O__O

8 lbs per gallon.... Sleep well. ;) J/K It should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom