Gap b/w MH lights, what to fill in with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdang

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just got 2 250W (20K bulbs) HQI MH pendants for my 150. I know i should have gotten 3, but i just do not have the funding. So I spaced them as evenly as I could (in my canopy), but now I have this gap of darkness b/w the two lights. I plan on adjusting them as much as practical to minimize the gap, but dont want to end up with dark sides.

I have an Icecap 660 left over from my previous lighting system and
my intial thought was to get 3x110 VHO actinics and be done with it, but now since I have the gap I feel like I need some more "white" light. Then i thought I could throw in some PCs but I dont think they would do much as compared to the MH's.

Anyone have any recommendations?

I have about 24" b/w the pendants to mount whatever lights i decide, then I could probably fit 2 VHOs on front side and 1 VHO on tha backside of the pendants.

I also wouldnt mind more blue in the tank, even with the 20Ks, but cant buy more than bulbs to go with the 660.

If anyone could help me out that would be great!

Thanks!

It would be better to have the sides darker than than the middle of the tank. That way you can put the low-light corals off to the sides while the high light demanding corals near the middle.

Back
Top Bottom