Getting the right set up & tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JKT69

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Getting the right set up & tank
I am looking at a new set up for our living room. I am limited in space, approximately 36" wide to work with (the tank is going against a wall that is angled at 45 degrees). I have been researching lots of options and wanted to ask for advice. First, I have had both fresh & saltwater, my latest was a 125g marine set up, however, that was 10 years ago...If I go salt I want to keep it simple. I am undecided on fresh or salt.

I want to get some advice on the best equipment that would fit in a 3 foot wide space. I want it to look nice and not have wires and equipment hanging off everywhere....I have been reading about RedReef and Nano cube, however, I am not tied to any brand and am totally wide open...I want to get it right it the first time.

Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions would be most welcome.

The website address here is aquarium advice right? Just curious...being as that I have received nothing from here.

Well I have heard that nano tanks would be harder to maintain than say a 90 gal. The more water the easier it is to maintain good water parameters. On the other hand you can get whatever tank you want and hide wires. Under tank sumps and what not. A 3 ft wide space... you can do a lot with it! 46 gal. bowfront might look good. It depends on what you want to do .. I only say that about the nanos because that is what I have heard. Many people however have them and many really few I think have problems... 29 gal. marine land bio cube maybe??? Just post your build on here in the sw or fw aquaria. take pics and what not good luck. Oh yea be sure you post your post in the right thread forum.

Thanks for the info. I went with the RSM 34gal. Arrives tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom