Glass Cages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flake

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey folks. I 've seen a lot of people that are thinking about ordering from glass cages but I don't know how many actually have? To those who have, what do you think about your tank/quality/company?

When I was toying with the idea of starting a salt tank, I looked into custom tanks. Glass Cages had enough poor reviews on both quality and customer service that I wouldn't consider them.

Do not. I repeat. Do NOT buy from them.

It will be the worst mistake you've ever made regarding purchasing a tank. I have a thread on here about starting a 33G long tank that i bought from them, and i have to say it was the worst 374 bucks i ever spent on a tank. It was absolutely terrible.

The silicone job looks like a 3 year old did it, there were silicone handprints all over the glass. The bottom of the tank was not aligned at all. Some edges were raised and some weren't. I asked them to drill 1/2" return hole and a 1" overflow. They drilled a 2" drain and a 1.75" return. Two pieces of glass had warps in them. The overflow they built was ridiculous in size, it took up so much precious space in the tank, and the cover that i paid an extra 75$ for them to install.. they never installed.

There are terrible reviews all over the place from them. Their customer service sucks, their tanks suck, and they in general suck. I hate glass-cages. I'm just another person who can attest to how garbage their tanks are.

Don't buy.

Man. Thanks zero. After that last tank being all green and nasty, I really desperately want a nice, shiny, clean tank and their prices don't seem tooooo bad. Bummer :(

I was half looking at the red sea max, but after seeing one cracked today, i'm now paranoid.

Everything seems to have crummy reviews. :(

Get glass and build it yourself.

Here's a place with amazing glass prices that ship. They even have Starphire glass if you want it.

Custom Cut Replacement Glass

I'm getting my glass from here for my next build.

Tell us how you really feel, Zer0! :) I haven't made a purchase there (thankfully) but I did read up on them a while ago when I was considering a custom tank and came across the same bad reviews. Tanks being shoddy and customer service non-existent.

So where to buy a custom tank? Any thoughts or suggestions? because i was looking at buying a tank from glass-cages but after reading this I'm pretty sure I won't. But glass-cages seem to have the footprint I want and I cant find it anywhere else.

Haha i wish i could only express my rage on that fateful day when i brought the tank back. It was horrifying. Not to mention the glass they built it with was 3/4" thick. It was ridiculous heavy, and it had a mean green tint to it.

My brothers friend customizes tanks. To any shape or size you want. He's really good.

-Dylan

I had friends that ordered from them, two came out with sloppy silicone jobs, and the other came out with a totally wrong "CUSTOM" tank and they did not want to work with him ....... :-/ be careful with those people.

build your own. Its real easy and you will have much more pride in it. I built my own 20 g cube and was real surprised how easy it was. A local glass place could cut it. Mine even rounded edges. How big you want? Google it. All you need is tape and silicone. My tank was around 70 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom