Glass cover or plastic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rondory

Aquarium Advice Freak
Which tank cover do you prefer? Partial Glass or all plastic? How often do you have to clean the glass?

thanks

Rondory said:
Which tank cover do you prefer? Partial Glass or all plastic? How often do you have to clean the glass?

thanks
Glass. Its stronger to support inquisitive cats. I'm not sure how much I would trust plastic..

I prefer glass. IMO plastic tends to look cheap. We have plastic on two of our tanks and glass on the other two.

I prefer hinged glass tops because they prevent evaporation far better than the plastic/glass hood combos.

Glass - doesn't scratch like plastic so look nicer longer. Plus you can add lights for plants, etc. simply by hanging those on top.

I have a DIY wood canopy that matches the stand. I think that looks better than a simple glass top, but that's personal preference.

glass all the way, i just ordered a glass canopy for my 10 gallon and it was only 8 bucks plus 7 for shipping and i got a brand new 18 inch flourescent with 3 working bulbs for free off my buddy lol

I had glass tops on mine until I made a wood canopy, now I have no cover. And the wood top makes a place for my cat to lay on (she can't get at the fish, tho she does get curious when the fish strike at the sruface for food.)

Thank you. I bought the glass top. I hate the look of the plastic tops and also thought my cat might enjoy looking in the tank from the top.

Back
Top Bottom