Glass Diffuser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caribou

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to decide where to place my glass diffuser. I know it should be low in the tank but I would like to place it behind a large rock. This would put it pretty close to my heater, will this be a problem and will it reduce the effectiveness of the diffuser?

That should work perfectly fine. If the water were too hot for the diffuser your tank would probably be boiling over right now :lol:

I believe it's pretty common knowledge that it should be in an area with moderate current. Please correct me if I'm wrong. . .

If you look at pictures of Takashi Amano's ADA aquariums you'll notice that he places his diffusers about midway up either the left- or right-hand side of his tanks beneath his water inflow/outflow. I'm not sure why he places it midway up rather than at the bottom but I'm sure he has a good reason for this. I'm assuming that the placement beneath inflow/outflow helps the CO2 enter the flow of water in the tank as workingfortheman suggested. In any case, you're not likely to go wrong emulating Mr. Amano :)

Back
Top Bottom