Glass hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tategrant

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a custom 90 gallon tank and the glass hoods are broken. Do any of you know where to get some good glass hoods. My tank is 46" long and is fit for two 22" hoods.

I looked online but they had none that would fit. There was one that was .75 inches long but I don't want to risk it.

My LFS sold me the "hinge" that divides the glass and directed me to the local glass store to have the panes custon cut to fit. I just took in the broken piece and they matched it up exactly. Very inexpensive compared to buying one.

My LFS sold me the "hinge" that divides the glass and directed me to the local glass store to have the panes custon cut to fit. I just took in the broken piece and they matched it up exactly. Very inexpensive compared to buying one.

They had a hinge at your LFS?

Yep. They had both the hinge that goes between the two panes and the "flap" that goes on the back one. Both pieces just just slide on. They even the little handle to attach to the one that lifts up. (my 75g tank has one of these hinged set ups on each end...so 4 panes of glass, and a fixed piece of glass right in the center that the 2 end units rest on)

My LFS is not a chain, but it is a pretty big operation. Definitely more than a mom and pop shop. They have all sorts of peices and parts you can buy, but they are not out on display. I usually just take in a broken part and ask about it and they get me what I need.

Back
Top Bottom