Glass top advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdfox

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Getting supplies and equipment for an older Odell 30g tank I acquired. I need/want to do a glass top. My LFS has an Aqueon versa top that seems like it'll fit for $35. I'm just now getting into the hobby and still learning. But is this a good top for a good price or are there different avenues I can take?

Thanks for any and all advice

You should measure the opening of the tank top and check these guys out for a glass top: Fish Tank and Aquarium Stand, Marine Aquarium Kit and Aquarium Furniture – Drs. Foster & Smith
the measurements of the glass tops (Versa tops and Marineland) are pretty exact, so when you measure take that into consideration before purchasing. Marineland and Aqueon tops vary slightly so check out both brands to find the best fit.

You can also make a screen top; for example, here is a DIY frame kit: Custom DIY Window Screen Kits
You will also need some 1/4" screen netting (cut to fit): Clear Aquarium Screen Netting 1/4" | Aquarium Fish Tank DIY Sceen Top

Or buy some glass at the hardware store (Lowes) and have them cut it to size for free. You can even have it cut into multiple sections, one piece for under the light and one to lift off the front for feeding. Take it one step further by running then smoothing a silicone bead across one side of the two pieces laying together to make a silicone hinge.

Back
Top Bottom