Good choice Light fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, so while looking at stuff we need for our upgrade for the 120g reef tank, we came across this light fixture: Sunlight Supply Tek Light High Output
We would choose the 8 bulb 80w fixture
http://www.marinedepot.com/Sunlight...Sunlight_Supply_Inc-SL2111-FILTFIT54U-vi.html
The rating and review looks good so far, just want to see if anybody in this forum has any experience with it
problem is that our tank is 60" long, so there are not many choices >.<

THX :)

They are really good, but just know that you need to buy the bulbs separately. It's going to run you another ~$200.

slitherbomb said:
They are really good, but just know that you need to buy the bulbs separately. It's going to run you another ~$200.

Thx :) yeah, I figured they wouldn't come with the bulbs but that's ok. I prolly would have to buy my own anyways considering what and how I wanna do it (still working on that too LOL)

Do they come with the feet? Can't do the hanging-from-ceiling thing cuz our ceiling is really high up there

No feet.... You need to buy it separately. If I remember correctly, it's like $60. All these things made me not buy this fixture and get the nova extreme pro t5 fixture. This light fixture doesn't even come with the piece of acrylic that prevents the bulbs from getting wet.....

Understandable... Problem is that hardly any light fixtures come in size 60" :(

When going to marinedepot.com I couldn't find any individual fixture covers for that specific fixture :( do they sell/make them at all?!

Back
Top Bottom