Got a new canister filter 3 stage was wondering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You will have to build your bacteria colony again. So run them both as long as a normal cycle will take.

Reefpete said:
so bottom stage ill put coarse pads, the middle filter floss and last stage on top bio media? am i correct

You know. I really dont think it matters how you layer it. That sounds just fine

Looks like polishing pads. Look to see if one is more coarse than the others. You can use the polishing pads in the middle.

That blue one is your coarse pad for the bottom.
Put it blue side down.

View attachment 79729
Looks like polishing pads. Look to see if one is more coarse than the others. You can use the polishing pads in the middle.

Put it blue side down.

this is what it says to use? look at pic

says to put one of the white ones on bottom of every layer and the blue one is coarse goes on bottom.....

let me know what you thnk

opps that was upside down lol

Put it blue side down.

yes bottom came blue side down with a white cotton on top of it ....looks like each layer has white cotton pad they want used middle and top white cotton goes on bottom they say

Pretty much says what I have been saying while adding a thin polishing pad to the bottom of the top two trays and carbon. Carbon is not necessary and most will never use it. I replace the carbon with more mechanical filtration.

Well I shouldn't say never. If you need to medicate your aquarium at some point you may want to use it to remove the meds from the water after you are finished medicating. The biggest thing is to try to get the water as clean as possible before it comes in contact with your bio media.

Zaedon said:
Well I shouldn't say never. If you need to medicate your aquarium at some point you may want to use it to remove the meds from the water after you are finished medicating. The biggest thing is to try to get the water as clean as possible before it comes in contact with your bio media.

Yes I got the qt tank so I would never med my dt so I'll put those white on bottom two top layers and put the media on top of it good to go

so filter is working great now and my question is the water that is gone now from my dt bc it went in to canister do i need to add more salt mixed water to make up ? my tanks a little short now

Reefpete said:
Yea i want some good info before i set it up coming in mail today UPS excited for this one because im going to go sumpless on this nano .....

I got the TRUAQUA.COM CF300 was on sale for an unbelievable price of $49.00

I got the aquatop cf300 (same thing different vendor) It works great! I paid 60$ free shipping from amazon

I got the aquatop cf300 (same thing different vendor) It works great! I paid 60$ free shipping from amazon

same exact one i got box says aqua top 50 free shipping just hooked up great filter question did you top off with saltwtaer after hooking up ...i obv lost some in dt when primed

Back
Top Bottom