Got my satalite light today , got a question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got the dual satallite for my 10g today. My antic bulb only has one side lighting up but the white light both sides are lit. Is my bulb bad?

Pics coming in about 30 mins of the tank, I re aquascaped the tank so its a little cloudy right now. Looks alot better though.

Check it to see if the bulb got broken during shipment.....

If a bulb doesnt fire it will be one of 3things:

1. Bad Bulb

2. Bad Light (Ballest, socket, ect...)

3. Switch in the OFF position

Lol I know its not number 3 since half of it works. Ill take a pic of what it looks like. I dont think its number 2 since half of it works so Im guesing number 1 :-\

What a sec....

Let me see if I understand here.....Half of the bulb is lit up, or 1 of two bulbs is lit up??

Ok each light the atnic and the white are shaped like a long U. One the white bulb both sides of the U are lit up. On the atnic side only half of the U is lit up. IM snapping pics right now.

Ok I get it now....

Sounds like you need to call the store that sold it, or manufacturer and have them replace it.

Here is the pic : (the tank is still VERY blue when only the atnics are on.

light.jpg

Call them and tell them. They should send you a new bulb. Congrats on finally getting your lights though! :D

Okie dokie :)

Looking at it now it looks liek it is lit just more or a purple color.

Im guessing the wave length of the lights are different. I havent had a chance to look it up yet.

I had a curret sat. fixture the dual 96 watt 36 inch fixture that lit the same way.

I have a satellite as well - one side of the actinic is more purple than the other. They are different wavelengths.

Back
Top Bottom