got my skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdogg85

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got my skimmer today(octopus bh-300f) The pump in the middle chamber has the airline disconnected, i've read that you only need the one on the pump in the intake chamber. Is this true?

umm, nevermind I answered it myself. After taking a closer look and realising the middle pump's back does not have a place for it. Should i run vinegar through the skimmer for a while to help break it in? How high should I put the cup?

Moved to General Hardware and equipment discussion.

I would just put it in the tank when you are ready to install it. It will break in by itself in the tank or sump.

Funny that you have this thread, I just got a oct 300f ( a week ago)and the same thing happened, iI was able to reconnect the airline to the pump and ran vinegar as sugested. It has aready produced some ugly looking skimmate tha I was never able to get with my old skimmer. the only complaint i have is the middle pump in the second chamber is noisely as h-ll. everything i have tried dosen't help.

Mine is not in use yet nor is my aquarium. Had to redo the room before i put a 1000 lb load in it,(would suck to want to remodel the room and have to move the thing wouldn't it?) One question, the pump in the middle chamber has a threaded hole in the back, is there smoething that screws into it or is it for some accesory that is optional but not needed? The extra airline looks like it is an extra one for the pump in the first chamber.

the airline screws on the middle pump where the water feeds into the pump which pulls from the 1st chamber.

the pump has threads but the air fitting just snapped in. seems solidly connected. if that don't work i'll epoxy it in

Back
Top Bottom