Gravel cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
Bit of a lame question really but the gravel cleaner I have gets clogged with gravel whereas the one I had years ago used to take the gravel up in to a thick tube and remove all the debris then I could let it all drop back down. Can anyone recommend a clean like this that also has a longish hose and maybe a bulb to get the siphon started. Thanks

Only for a 15 gallon with smallish gravel. Each piece the size of a couple of grains of rice.

I bought an eheim power vac, it's really good, I bought it when I had gravel , then I changed to sand and it's brilliant on both, ..

I am not sure how to solve your problem, but I use a manual mini vac on my 10g and 20g, I control the flow by putting my finger at the end so I don't suck up the gravel and can stop the flow. Then I pull it from the gravel and suck the debris through. Tip if sucking the tube to get it started. Hold end of tube above water line. When it gets close, keeping your finger close to the end, slowly lower hose (while keeping the head in the tank water), once the water reaches your finger you can cover end with finger and control what you clean. Avoiding the clogging.

Found an attachment for mine that makes it possible. Discarded it at first. It worries me that I am an engineer sometimes. Thanks to all advice.

Back
Top Bottom