Great deals on lighting at......................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was shopping around the internet for some lighting for my 29gal, and i kept seeing the same price for the fixture I wanted. So, I kept shopping and eventually, I found www.Petmeister.com. They have very good prices on some good fixtures. You also get to choose what kind of bulbs you want with your system. Check it out.

Pictures Coming Soon!

What fixture do you want? I looked at this site...then I looked at Darin's site
( www.captivereefs.com ). He sells the Coralife 30" fixture for $25.00 less than petmeister...just for example. You might want to take a look depending on what kind of lighting you want.

tiptoptank said:
www.hellolights.com There isn't anywhere cheaper then at hello.

I'd have to disagree. Darin sells the Coralife 30" fixture for the same price plus he gives AA.com members a discount. I just sold a 2x250w MH hood with T-5 actinics for $350.00 less than hello's price on a similar fixture. I don't mean to argue with you...but I would encourage you to shop around. Hellolights is a good source for some things, but they aren't the cheapest on everything.

actually i do really kill them on coralife prices over there even without the discount. Thanks for the backup logan! :D

They do sell what looks like some no name stuff for a little cheaper though.

Aquaboy said:
Logan, that 30" only holds 1 bulb. It is a single. For 25.00 more, at www.petmeister.com, you get twice the light.

Description of $125 Coralife Aqualight from Captive Reef website:

30" CORALIFE AQUALIGHT WITH 2-65W 50/50 LAMPS STRAIGHT PIN BASE (W/ FANS) Dimensions: 30"x7.25"x2.625"

2 bulbs...same fixture. :)

The point that I'm trying, unsuccessfully it seems :mrgreen: , to make is that this is not a single bulb fixture. It is a two bulb fixture...hence the "2x65w" in the product description.
Anyway, as I said before, I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm sure petmeister is a good place to buy stuff...I just wanted to point out that there are other retailers whose customer service is known to be excellent and who have comparable deals. If you have dealt with petmeister before and are satisfied with their service, by all means, continue to deal with them. I like to stick with the same vendors as much as I can once I've established that they'll be there to help when things go wrong. I have about 4 wholesale vendors that I deal with almost exclusively. They aren't always the cheapest, but if I get a defective product or if they mess up an order, I know all it takes is one phone call and it's fixed. That's worth a lot.

No problem...you didn't say anything wrong at all. You speak your opinion without being offensive or overbearing and that is a very good thing IMO. :mrgreen: Keep us posted on your tank and any deals you find online or otherwise...we're always looking for new places and good deals.

Back
Top Bottom