Hagan Fluval FX5 Price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thuffman03

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a chance today to buy an FX5 for $250 shipped. From what I have found on the forum there seems to be a positive review on this filter.

I have a few questions.

1. This seems to be a good price. Anyone know of it selling for less?
2. I will be putting this on a FW 150g tank. Would this be enough of a filter or would I need something additional. I most likely will have a few Oscars in the tank?
3. If I get the filter how would you setup the 3 different trays for FW setup?

Any and all suggestions or opions would be great!

thats not a bad price... i've seen it priced anywhere between $250 and $400, generally right about $300. The filter is rated for 400g, but i would not put that filter alone on a 400g tank. I plan on putting one on my 150g along with the 405 i currently have and retiring the 305. It would probably be fine alone on your 150g, but it never hurts to have more :) For the trays, i would only use bio-rings. I've got the octagon shaped "pre-filter" bio-rings on the bottom and the round bio-rings in the top two trays on my 405 and 305 and it works great along with the sponges. I say go for it, i've heard nothing but awesome things about the fx5

I ordered one off of eBay. There were several out there and I was able to get one for $219 shipped. It says new and the dealer has 22,800 ranking with at 99.9% positive rating.

Yeah, that's the guy who I was talking about. Id love to know how easy and fast it gets to you if you mind giving an update when you get it.

I will update and let you know.

So far, I won it last night and payed for it this morning. About an hour after I paid for it he updated eBay with a tracking number and posted positive feedback.

I have the filter now. It is bigger than I thought it would be. I have not tested it yet but all the parts are there and looks to be NIB.

Back
Top Bottom