Hagen - glo t5 ho

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

halfcent

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought a Hagen GLO T5 HO light for my 33 gal. aquarium. I equipped it with a 39 watt Wave Point Full spectrum 6,500K tube that I got from Big Als online.
I went with the single bulb setup even though there is a double available. I felt that if I wanted or needed more light I could buy another single.
Ok, my impressions. The quality of this unit is outstanding worth every cent that I paid for it, mind you, prior to this I was using a low wattage canopy light that was only 24" long on a 36" tank. The light difference is amazing, I can't imagine requiring a double tube setup. It has a very highly polished aluminum reflector that spreads light throughout the tank, before this I had dark areas and actually kept a flashlight beside the tank in order to check things out. This unit even came with a dual timer for turning on and off when you are not around.
I paid including shipping and taxes for the light $116.00 Cdn. The tube was an additional $24.00. I think it was money well spent and now I will see if I can grow some kind of plant.:D:D

Back
Top Bottom