Hamilton technology led striplights? And lighting help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
Be seen these at my lfs for cheap........ Are try any good? I have an 8 bulb t5 fixture and want more light....... Will they actually promote GROWTH or are they just for visual purposes????? I'm not looking to replace the fixture just add beneficial light...... And ideas what I could do? I would like LEDs........... Any suggestions? And for cheap lol

hi Crister. From what I am seeing these are accent lighting, with less than 1W per LED each. They won't do much for you in the way of growth, as the PAR and penetration is very likely extremely low.

Unfortunately the foot print of most high power LEDs won't allow you to add it in addition to the fixture you are currently using.

However, I have 1 of these fixtures: TrueLumen Pro LED StripLights | Current-USA

on my planted tank. It is pretty powerful for the price point, and the form factor would allow you to add it to an existing setup that has T5s on it. The Marine Fusion version might work very well for you.

Unfortunately, LED lighting being a newer technology, it is generally not very cheap. You could think about trying to build your own fixture if you have some basic electrical and soldering skills. Rapidled.com has some powerful LEDs and drivers for a good price.

Back
Top Bottom