Hands on review of Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED+ Fixture 48 inch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cardex

Aquarium Advice Activist
I purchased this to be a secondary light for my planted tank still have the T5s set on a trimmer for 5 hours for the plants and this one runs 24/7, it does not have enough power for plants to grow but it is a very nice effects and provides great lighting for the price. The light is very even and covers the full 55 gallon tank without any gaps or dead spots.

Pros
Price, first affordable led light from a reputable company
Effects, the dynamic effects are wonderfull the fish are responding well to the cloud cover and fading storms I will be interested to see if this helps to trigger spawning in fish like neons that reproduce in the rainy season
Size the strip is small about 3 inches across I have it and a 2 bulb T5 on a 55 gallon with room left over it does sit very low on the tank so a glass cover is highly recommended to prevent it from getting wet

Cons

The remote sensor is iffy it has a sticky pad to mount it but the cable is way to long and hard to keep out of the way and you can't tell what way the sensor is picking up took some trial and error
The remote uses the same frequencies as my LG led tv I found this out the hard way if I turn the volume down on my tv the light changes to lightning storm and I use volume up the light goes to purple, had to move the sensor for the light to get around it
The power adaptor gets very hot
The preset effects need to have a dimmer option the moon light are extremely bright and can't be used in a room someone sleeps in, however you can make a custom preset at a much lower brightness

If I put this in the wrong place let me know and I will repost, will take some pictures in the morning

I picked up two of these LEDs 24" version for my 26g. Using two of them puts me in the medium light range (~50 PAR)... perfectly fine for growing a good amount of plants w/ co2 and ferts considered. I'm just hoping my stems will color up under it. LOL

Back
Top Bottom