Hanna checker calcium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonrider420

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone on here use a hanna checker? I have one idk why for the past few days it been reading my calcium is at 596 -443ppm. Anyone else have this problem?

Can you tell me why this is a problem? It sounds more like the test not being done correctly.

This is a problem because I ran the test three times back to back and got 596-508-443.

I start with 1ml of solution and then add 9ml of store bought rodi water. Once the C2 comes on I add the tank water with their new pipette and add the powder. I then shake vigorously for 15 secs then let it sit for 15 secs and check for bubbles. After I get my reading rinse it with the same store bought rodi water.

How far in between tests? If it is in the same day, it can only be an issue with the reagent or it is user error at some point. I really liked my hanna checkers, but it eventually turned into being too much work to do as often as I was.

How far in between tests? If it is in the same day, it can only be an issue with the reagent or it is user error at some point. I really liked my hanna checkers, but it eventually turned into being too much work to do as often as I was.

I would test one right after the other.

Back
Top Bottom