Has anybody ever used this or have comments on it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snoopybdb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a current sattalite lighting system with 2 96w day lights 2 actinic lights, and 1 led moon beam. I want more moon. What does anybody think about this? And is it true that your corals might spawn better with the moon lighting? Thanks for any comments!

is it true that your corals might spawn better with the moon lighting?
From what I've read, it's primarily chance at this point that causes corals to spawn in aquariums. Moonlights do little to nothing for the overall health of the tank, they are more aesthetic than anything. Also becareful not to make the tank too bright at night or it may stress your fish. There is a fine line...

only thing that might help spawning as far as moonlights is concerned is the lunar tracker, www.thelebos.com , I have never seen this product in action but from what i hear it is the best simulation of the moon and works on a 29.3 day schedule in which it starts off with soft glow then gets stronger towards the middle of the month then dims down by the end of the month. most built in moonlights that come with the hood have only one setting that is usually full blast, which nothing would really benefit from having a full moon everynight. but typically the moonlights are also suppose to help inverts with their molting also.

Back
Top Bottom