Has anyone tried this RO/DI?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks like a nice unit. It's a TFC ro membrane with 98% rejection. Pure Water Club has good feedback on Ebay. The only thing, IMO, is the 2nd DI cart is a waste. The 1st DI should get the water 0ppm TDS or very close. The 2nd cart is just being wasted. I would disconnect the 2nd cart and just use the resin when it's time to change it out.

Didnt think to look on ebay for reviews good idea. I was surprised to see 150 gpd single membrane unit for under 100 bucks. Standard size filters and ~1.1:1 waste to filtered ratio to be one of the lower waste units (from what I've researched) out there is nice too. 3:1 seems to be the norm.

Im reading the same info on dual DI Capt. The general consensus seems to indicate the extra DI is a waste. Read somewhere that a DI can sometimes start channeling so perhaps its a fail-safe add-on. Might be good for auto-topping where you wont be checking output with TDS meter. Unless of course you have some sort of TDS controller with auto-shutoff.

Back
Top Bottom