Has anyone used the Fluval fx6??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Super quiet, tons of media space, self priming, computerized self purging every 12hrs to push out any air.... Its totally worth the $250

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks if i get this, it will be the last filter I never get. I just got a cascade for my turtle tank and it doesn't work well at all .

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the flow? Inward and outward.

I like my FX-5 pretty well, with it the flow in has a large intake screen /pad looking thing and I don't feel any need to worry about the fish as it seems to disperse the inflow.

The out flow is monster though /fierce. Interested to see others experiences with this FX-6 as well.

Thanks if i get this, it will be the last filter I never get. I just got a cascade for my turtle tank and it doesn't work well at all .

Can I ask why you didn't like the cascade?

Just wondering because I've had a Cascade 1000 for about 7 months now and have had 0 problems. Quiet as a mouse.

Caleb

Can I ask why you didn't like the cascade?

Just wondering because I've had a Cascade 1000 for about 7 months now and have had 0 problems. Quiet as a mouse.

Caleb

There are two turtles and the big Oscar in the tank. So I need something that can be clean up their mess. I think if it was normal tank .. it would work great. I don't hear it running at all.

There are two turtles and the big Oscar in the tank. So I need something that can be clean up their mess. I think if it was normal tank .. it would work great. I don't hear it running at all.

Well that's more understandable. That's a huge bioload. I thought you meant actual problems with the unit so I could watch out for them.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom