Having a difficult time sourcing 36" T5HO bulbs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abc1971

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, everyone.

I am interested in buying some replacement bulbs for my lamps that are for 39 watt T5HO at 6500K. The fixtures are for 3ft long bulbs. It appears that some companies are discontinuing their manufacture of this particular sized bulb (e.g. Sunblaster). I'm worried that this bulb size will be phased out. Does anyone have any input on this as to whether my concerns are valid?

I can't seem to find much online either while doing Google searches. It's time to replace my bulbs and I need to buy in bulk. Can anyone recommend a reliable brand in the size that I require? I see some cheap options but I've read of some nightmare experiences where these bulbs burn out in just weeks or a few short months. I'm looking for a decently priced bulb that will give me the expected lifetime of reliable use.

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Thank you for the link. I was on my phone checking responses to this site and didn't realize you sent me a link. I'm on my laptop now and can see it.

Well I hopefully found you some lights?:cool:
If you ever need rams I may know where to find some of them too!:rolleyes:

I tried to order several bulbs from the website you listed above. As I went to check out I was notified that there were only three available. I tried to order ten. I sent the guy an email. No response. I called twice and his voicemail box is full.

It's been a week and he never returned my email.

That was disappointing.

Ati and several others make 36" bulbs, have you checked marinedepot?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom