Heater burn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seepu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Keyhole in QT, hes new, not sick... and he got burned by the heater in there. I had to put a big heater in the QT, the small one fizzled out... Needless to say, he must have bumped it in the night, and got a 1" burn on him behind his pectoral fin. This happened 3 days ago.. it got swolen, raised scales.. but he was active and eating well. This morning, I noticed a small spot on his eye, on the same side as the burn... kind of like a cloudy spot. He acts like he is going to flash a bit, but doesnt actually rub against anything, so I dont know if the damage on his eye was from scratching it on something (I have 2 pieces of LR in there, the tank wasnt cycled, and am doing pwc daily) But I am concerned that the spot on his eye might be an infection spreading?

I started treatment with MelaFix, and the directions say to add 5ml daily for 7 days, then do a 25% WC. I have been changing water daily because the QT isnt cycled. Do I alter the dosage with the frequent water changes, or is the melaleuca something that dissipates readily?

Sorry for the rambling...

Back
Top Bottom