Heater failure protection using Azoo micro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pylor

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm not sure if people do this and I'm oblivious (didn't see a lot of references when google searching), but does anyone use something like the azoo micro controller as basic overheat protection? I recently had to purchase a new heater (went with an eheim jager for $21 since I've read good things), and I noticed a LOT of horror stories about heaters that failed and were stuck on, regardless of brand.

Basically I'd like to set the azoo at a temp slightly higher than what my heater would be set, so the only time it would cut power to the heater would be if the heater failed or malfunctioned. Ex: set the heater to 76 and the azoo to 78.

Anyone have experience doing this or something similar?

It's essentially just a cheap heater-controller but I'd imagine it can be used as an emergency cutoff. See the heater controller to 79 or so farenheit and then set the heater to 76 or 77 and then it should constantly give power to the heater. If the heater breaks and stays on constantly the controller would then provide double redundancy, or atleast that's my thought. I bought one so I'll give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom