heater for 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mommytron

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just set up my first aquarium with a 10 gal starter kit and a Tetra (h10 I think?) heater as recommended by the guy at my lfs. the heater is an automatic one with out an option to change the temperature. I'd like to get another heater as I read that I should increase the heat to help the nitrogen cycle. the heater that is in the tank right now keeps it at a constant 76 F. can anyone recommend a heater that I can adjust? also, I was thinking of getting one that would also work in a 20 or 26 gal since I will be eventually upgrading. would a heater that's big enough for a 26 gal be way too much for a 10 gal? I'm looking for something inexpensive but quality. I would rather pay more than get low quality. All opinions and suggestions welcome

Last edited:
Visitherm Stealth Pro seems to be the heater of choice around here. A 100W heater would work for either a 10g or a 20g. It might be too small for a 26g, but I don't think I'd go bigger that a 100W for a 10g.

Yes, marineland stealth pro... they're great. I honestly think you'd be fine with a 150w, which would more than likely take care of the 26g with no problems as long as the ambient temp in the room isnt crazy low. If it were a pre-set heater, then I wouldnt recommend anything bigger than a 50w (wouldnt recommend one anyways ;)), but since the stealth pro has a thermostat, i think you'd be fine

Back
Top Bottom