Heater in 2.5 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imaginelra

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 2.5 Gallon Tank with one male Betta in it. I want to get a heater for it but I don't know how many watts to use for a tank that small. Any suggestions???

I'd get a marineland stealth pro mini heater, 10w. It automatically turns off when the temp reaches 78, unlike other mini heaters that stay on all the time that you have to unplug and replug in. It's preset to 78, that's the only down side. It's very small so it'd fit your tank nicely.

That's correct they don't turn off at a certain temp, I'm not sure what they are preset at but if the heater only heats to 79 and the water is at 79. 79 degree water wont get any hotter if in the presence of 79 degree heat they would be in balance.

Get a heater with an adjustable thermostat. Cheap heaters (including pretty much all non-adjustables) use a cheap thermostat that's insulated by glass, a poor heat conductor. The heater doesn't have a very good idea of what's going on in the tank, so the preset temperature can be way off.

I went to the pet store and purchased the 10 watt Marineland Stealth Pro mini heater..........so far so good, Thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom