Heater Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a marineland 250w heater for my tanks out a month ago. Ive been having trouble all winter long trying to keep the tanks at a level temp. I have a 40 breeder with two 20 gal plummed in. I have kept the heaters in my sump. When I finally got the marineland heater it kept everything perfect at 80, was doing so for the past month.

I woke up this morning and found my display was at 68.8 degrees. The heater light was on but apparently not doing anything. I felt it and it seemed cool. So I took the 100w heater out of my bin I got live rock curing in therw it in the sump and put the marineland in the bin. Its keeping the bin at an even 80, weird.

So besides the long explination, is the marineland heater shot? Or is there anything I can do to fix it?

Is it the Stealth Pro one? If so, ML has a stop sale on these. I know that some Petco would take them back (not all). If you call ML they will send you the VisiTherm one in 7-10 days.

Also just a suggestion, its always good to have 2 heaters just in case one fails. Hope this helped.

I did get it at petco, dont have the box anymore but will look into the name. Thanks.

If it's the Stealth Pro, it will say so on one side of the heater in red writing. Also the Stealth Pro is the one with the indicator light on the adjustment knob (the one that turns green when off and red when on)

Contact your local Petco if they would take it (they should but some don't like mines). If not contact ML's customer relations for a replacement.

ya the indacatior light does go from red to green, that I know. Is the replacement free? And what should I tell them, I bought a stelth pro from my local petco and heard they were discontinued so I would like a replacement?

What I did was call my Petco they told me to come to the store with the heater and suction cups it came with (I have another heater in the tank) and when I got there, they had no clue about the stop sale. I left the store and called ML's customer relations (you can find their number on their website) and told them that I got a Pro from Petco and would like it replaced. They asked for my name and address and that's it. They told me it takes 7-10 days for it to arrive. I really like ML's customer service its A++ for me. Good luck!

Oh yes and the replacement is free!

Back
Top Bottom