Heater Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The MattenFilter seems to have been the leap the hobby needed at the time. Its inception was likely driven by human need and and our questing nature, not a hyper-expensive degree in "aquarium pontification" or some such. As beneficial, and cheap, as a Matten is it wouldn't suit my needs or ego ATP. However, I'd gleefully accept the idea as the heart of a sump\refugium. If anyone's interested, I'd suggest a bit of research into the current SOTA in foam media. It's a fascinating time for foam. :eek: Great post, FW!

I was under the impression that the 306A was just another network device. I was wrong. It's my first experience with a class of devices called IoT, or Internet of Things. I was aware that this class of devices existed, but I didn't know I was buying one. While the 306 works just fine for what does, it does so in some mysterious ways, to me at least. The initial setup was a huge pain but it turns out that big chunk of the setup issues were the fault of my then obsolete phone.

Once the 306 was setup properly on my end, the phone app established a C/S relationship with a Chinese company named Tuya. The app did this without my permission. This companies implementation of IoT includes AI in some form or another. I don't know enough about the way the unit is administrated to say anything bad about the situation. However the implications are clear.

The following suggestion I offer without expectation, educating oneself in IoT might be a good idea before a purchase. IoT, from what I know has some potential issues in terms of hardware security.

Back
Top Bottom