Heater setup opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheOscar

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so I'm setting up my 140 gallon oscar tank . I know it's better to use two heaters for distribution of heat and a safety measure. But my question is , would y'all rather buy 1 name brand heater (jager 300 watt rated for 159 to 2xx gal) or two cheaper heaters 200 watts or so a PC. I'm on somewhat of a budget ( story of our lives), and buying two jagers would be a little expensive.

You never ever cheap out on heaters. It's too risky. Honestly I'm not sure I'd trust Jagers these days. They used to be the best thing on the market 10-15 years ago. Since Eheim bought them they've gradually gotten worse. Do buy a quality name brand heater though. Maybe a Marineland? Stealths were recalled but Visitherms have never had major problems that I know of.

I would trust one more powerful name brand heater over two less powerful cheaper heaters.

If I were concerned enough about cooking my fish I'd scrounge until I came up with the money for two name brand lower wattage heaters. It's just that important to me. I don't trust cheap heaters.

You never ever cheap out on heaters. It's too risky. Honestly I'm not sure I'd trust Jagers these days. They used to be the best thing on the market 10-15 years ago. Since Eheim bought them they've gradually gotten worse. Do buy a quality name brand heater though. Maybe a Marineland? Stealths were recalled but Visitherms have never had major problems that I know of. I would trust one more powerful name brand heater over two less powerful cheaper heaters. If I were concerned enough about cooking my fish I'd scrounge until I came up with the money for two name brand lower wattage heaters. It's just that important to me. I don't trust cheap heaters.

I don't trust cheap heaters 100% I guess that's why I'm reserved about it. I would have to say though the jager heater is pretty good. I've owned two and have never had a hiccup.. I may just get the one name brand and add another one later .. Thank you for your opinion

Back
Top Bottom