Heaters...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrewz00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok so ive have always used a submersible in the tank heater...

how many of you run in-line heaters?
are there any benefits other then looks to using either?

inlines heaters provide better aesthetics but heats the water going in or out of the filter and having the heat close to the filter makes filtering easier.

I also have always used in tank heaters. I think an in line would make the tank look better and you would have less hot/cold spots in the tank.

Inline heaters are better for distributing heat throughout the tank, and you dont have to have a heater cluttering up the display. I've never personally used one, i dont even notice my stealth pro because i've got it running along the top of my rocks so that it blends in alot. If you put a submersible under your filter intake, that will help distribute the heat more evenly as well.

I have zero problems using submersible heaters ... my tank is evenly warm .. i check it with a digital thermometer every few days ... however i use the visa-therm stealth which except for the on and off lights is very well hidden on my black backgrounds

Back
Top Bottom