heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 125 reef with 7 fishes and 30 gal. symp. My heater broke. But anyway what heater you think is best for my set up? 2- 150w? And what Brent you recommend? Accuracy is important too. Thanks. And since we talk about this, what temperature you keep your reef tanks? My is between 75- 78. Do you think it is too low?

i would use multiple heaters. the idea is if one fails, the others will keep the water temp from crashing until you can find a replacement. the same goes if one heater gets stuck on- a smaller heater won't cook the fish and coral before you can catch it.

i would use multiple heaters. the idea is if one fails, the others will keep the water temp from crashing until you can find a replacement. the same goes if one heater gets stuck on- a smaller heater won't cook the fish and coral before you can catch it.

So 2- 150w is enough for 125 and 30 gal. sump?

no. i would use 3 of those. put one in the display and 2 in the sump away from each other. if the return pump ever fails, you'll still have a heater in the dt.

Back
Top Bottom